CENTRE OF COMMUNION AND SOCIAL INNOVATION: PROJECTS
Established in 2019 by the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania, The Center for Community and Social Innovation is actively working to improve the integration of refugees and immigrants in Lithuania in cooperation with various organizations:
- Together with partners from non-governmental organizations, state institutions, municipalities, and business sector, the Center initiated the establishment of an inter-institutional cooperation network, which facilitates the integration of refugees and immigrants in Lithuania.
- The Center founded an informal Nations’ Yard Club, which connects immigrants and leaders of organizations that help them integrate in Lithuania.
Constantly provides spaces of the administrated Vilnius St. Virgin Maria’s Church building for organizing meetings, events, and education:
- Events for migrants’ day are organized with partners in the Church spaces
- Meetings of the Nations’ Yard Club
- Professional psychological assistance is provided to vulnerable groups
- Lithuanian language lessons for immigrant women are organized by volunteers
- Initiates and implements long term projects to improve the integration of immigrants (www.livelithuania.net, Volunteering Promotion Laboratory)